Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Why The Driskill Hotel is awesome

I wish that I could have spent more time at this iconic Austin hotel. It really is a gem and deserving of a visit. It's on the expensive side, which is why I only have a small glimpse inside the hotel. One day, I'll be able to write about a real overnight visit and report on the ghosts that supposedly inhabit the rooms and hallways of this gorgeous hotel. It's been around since 1886, so it's been the site of many historic events. According to the hotel's website, LBJ awaited his vice-presidential election returns there.

Unfortunately, it was very crowded at the time so the only half-decent picture I could pull off was this one:

How many hotel ceilings look like this?


Hopefully my next trip will yield more than a picture of the ceiling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ArtPal: Buy Art & Sell Artwork Online | Buy Paintings Prints Photography

ArtPal: Buy Art & Sell Artwork Online | Buy Paintings Prints Photography : Visitor statistics for your art.