Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Evo Taco Tuesday



To be in Houston is to love tacos.  It's a requirement. Besides the erratic weather, there are two guarantees in Houston: traffic and tacos. The constant gridlock may inspire new variations of swear words, but we sure do love our Taco Tuesdays. Sometimes even Taco Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.

Evo Taco is a recent addition to West Houston. Its late Summer debut took a backseat to Hurricane Harvey. We discovered Evo after subsisting on spaghetti, mac & cheese, and more clean out the fridge casseroles than I ever knew were possible.

It's hard to not get overwhelmed by a taco menu that contains everything from a New Orleans BBQ Shrimp to Tandoori Chicken. A good plan of attack is to try at least two different tacos on each trip. Take advantage of the full bar and wash everything down with a pineapple mojito.

My first love was the Mediterranean, but I cheated on it with the Brit (pictured above) and I don't think I can go back. My taste buds won't allow it.

The Brit consists of beer battered Atlantic cod, malted pickle slaw and tartar aioli. It's supposed to have red onion, but I detest onions of any color. They kindly leave them off for me. It's phenomenal.

Evo Taco should be required dining for anyone who considers themselves a foodie. The mash-up of flavors is a palate party and I only scratched the surface of their collection.

The open patio is much more inviting now that the temperatures are dropping to a tolerable level. Kick back with a margarita on the rocks and take in as many tacos as you can.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ArtPal: Buy Art & Sell Artwork Online | Buy Paintings Prints Photography

ArtPal: Buy Art & Sell Artwork Online | Buy Paintings Prints Photography : Visitor statistics for your art.