Thursday, July 11, 2013

More Ramblings of an 8th Grade Misfit

I still cringe when I read what my 13 year old mind produced at the time. However, one cannot be a writer without sharing their writing, no matter how abysmal said writing might seem.

9-22-87

Why do we need English?
We need English to know adverbs, prepositions, adjectives, nouns, punctuation, capitalization, and all of that stuff. We also need English to know how to write essays, sentences, and book reports.


9-23-87

Why are some school rules unpopular?
Some school rules are unpopular because they don't let you do things like wear shorts, or chew gum, or have parties.

10-1-87
If I could be 1 star, I would be Molly Ringwald and I'm not sure why.

My present day self wants to time travel back to 1987 and school my younger self on a few things. STUFF? Really?  When I was a teacher, I tried to dissuade as many kids from using that word as possible. I probably haven't worn shorts since 1987 and Molly Ringwald is AWESOME and an author now to boot. I should have written something in that entry about The Breakfast Club because it is one of the best movies ever made. RIP John Hughes :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

ArtPal: Buy Art & Sell Artwork Online | Buy Paintings Prints Photography

ArtPal: Buy Art & Sell Artwork Online | Buy Paintings Prints Photography : Visitor statistics for your art.