Wednesday, October 2, 2013

It Could Always Be Worse


Poor monkey. Rain-soaked and missing a leg, he has officially given up. Most people have probably felt like this and I feel like this almost every day. To say that the year 2013 has been challenging would be a big understatement. Between job search woes and hospital bills, it takes every bit of strength I have to not curl up in a ball with a glass of wine and sob uncontrollably. But that wouldn't get me anywhere. I take comfort in knowing that everyone struggles. Writers struggle all the time. The struggle gives color to their work. After all, how interesting would our characters be if we couldn't convey a sense of despair?

I've decided to focus on the positive things that occur instead of the negative things that drag me down into that place I don't want to be. Three good things about this week are:

1. My Smashwords downloads of Hannah Strong are gradually increasing. Granted, I'm not making any money off of
    them. I'm okay with that since my main focus is finding an audience.

2. The lovely Annie Daylon picked me for her September "Pick of the Twitter."

3. A fellow Backspace writer complimented my "gorgeous" author website and made me smile.

I'm going to have weekly blog posts titled "Three Good Things About This Week" from now on. It's therapeutic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ArtPal: Buy Art & Sell Artwork Online | Buy Paintings Prints Photography

ArtPal: Buy Art & Sell Artwork Online | Buy Paintings Prints Photography : Visitor statistics for your art.