Monday, October 21, 2013

How to Get a Professional Quality Ebook Cover on a Ramen Noodle Budget


It goes without saying that most writers are broke and self-publishing isn't exactly cheap. Editing, proofing, layout, and cover design are all of critical importance. Cover design is especially important. It's the visual representation of your hard work and you want to attract your potential readers with an attractive cover.

Aubrey Watt is a writer and cover designer. She's done two covers for me so far and I love both of them. The cover for my new story Justin Briggs cost me just ten bucks. I supplied the stock photo and within twenty-four hours, it was done. According to her website, her turnaround time is 1-5 days.

If you are the DIY type of writer, she has tutorial on creating your own cover with GIMP. I was a bit short on time and truth to told, I'd rather pay her to do a much better job than I could do on my best day. If you look at the gallery on her website, you'll see why.

I really can't speak highly enough about her and recommend her to anyone because of her indie-friendly prices, quick turnaround time, and beautiful work. Visit http://aubreywatt.com/ for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ArtPal: Buy Art & Sell Artwork Online | Buy Paintings Prints Photography

ArtPal: Buy Art & Sell Artwork Online | Buy Paintings Prints Photography : Visitor statistics for your art.