Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Welcome to Fall (or somehing like it)

    


We've just crossed that threshold from Indian Summer to Fall. However, Houston in typical fashion still fees like summer. My desire to wear boots, sweaters, and long skirts is thwarted with 90 degree temperatures and rainforest humidity. That's just Gulf Coast living. My allergies are flared up and the indecisive weather Texas is famous for is not helping. Aside from that, I do really enjoy this time of year for many reasons.

Starting in October, the weather here is usually amazing. It's been unusually hot even by Texas standards, but the mornings are nice and cool. We just have to savor those mornings because by afternoon we are in the 90s. It doesn't help that they keep it Arctic cold inside the building at work. All I can say is layers.

Baking season begins with several trial runs of pumpkin pie and butter pecan fudge. I have to perfect both by Thanksgiving. The family does not complain about the excess batches of cookies, fudge, and pies. There's a night food stalker in the house as evidenced by crumbs on the counter. I have a good idea of who it is, but I'm not at liberty to say.

I was blessed with an October baby, so we get to prepare for the big 14 this year. The idea of having a kid who is 4 years away from leaving home just astonishes me. It's a big cliché to say, but it really feels like he just came home from the hospital. He's very involved in the party planning. This year's theme is Jurassic World. He's been obsessed with Jurassic Park since he was old enough to watch movies and the new movie is his favorite of the moment.

That about sums up what makes me giddy for Fall. I'm sure I'll think of something else as soon as I post this. That's the beauty of blogging. You can always go back and add to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ArtPal: Buy Art & Sell Artwork Online | Buy Paintings Prints Photography

ArtPal: Buy Art & Sell Artwork Online | Buy Paintings Prints Photography : Visitor statistics for your art.