Thursday, November 14, 2013

Four Good Things About This Week

My dog is adorable
  1. Max (see above) makes me laugh on a regular basis. He really has no rhyme or reason, which makes him the perfect dog for me.
  2. I worked a catering gig last night and the guy I worked with thought I was only 29 years old, which brings me to number 3...
  3. I got carded for a bottle of Sangria at the grocery store today, which is awesome when you're six months away from forty.
  4. Two four-star reviews for Hannah Strong on Amazon. Book bloggers are fantastic people. Treat them well because they deserve it.
Unfortunately, said bottle of Sangria went crashing to the floor today and I spent thirty minutes sweeping up the glass. My father-in-law took pity on me and sent me out for a new bottle, so that cancels out the negative.

I mean every word about book bloggers. If literary agents were the gatekeepers under the old publishing model, book bloggers are their equivalent under the new model. Anyone who wishes to self-publish should approach them with the same methodology as an agent. Study their submission requirements and don't get discouraged if they can't accept anything new. Most of them are swamped with review requests. If one turns you down, don't take it personal. Just move on to the next one. Be kind, courteous, and appreciative.

So now that I've totally highjacked my own blog post, I'm going to call it a night and blame the Sangria.

Hannah Strong is available at Amazon here for download
Reviews are always appreciated. If you are a reviewer, feel free to contact me and I will send you a free copy of the story.




    

No comments:

Post a Comment

ArtPal: Buy Art & Sell Artwork Online | Buy Paintings Prints Photography

ArtPal: Buy Art & Sell Artwork Online | Buy Paintings Prints Photography : Visitor statistics for your art.