Saturday, June 29, 2013

Ramblings of an 8th grade misfit


So, I have spent a majority of this week going though my junk at my parents' house. They finally decided it was time to clear out the clutter and in order to do that, I had to go through boxes with some personal treasures and other boxes with junk and resident roaches.

One of the few treasures I found was an old journal from my 8th grade English class. The above picture is the first entry, dated September 18, 1987. In reading some of my entries, I've come to the conclusion that A. I really hated middle school (who didn't?) and B. I didn't really push myself to write much. It was free writing, so I guess it didn't have to be profound. The writing bug didn't really bite until high school when I took a journalism class.

I'll post more as I get the time. It only looks like a small dent was made. Some items are truly antiques worth holding on to and others are just crap. I know everyone has to go through this at some point. It's like going on a treasure hunt in the dark without a map.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ArtPal: Buy Art & Sell Artwork Online | Buy Paintings Prints Photography

ArtPal: Buy Art & Sell Artwork Online | Buy Paintings Prints Photography : Visitor statistics for your art.